Tuesday, September 29, 2009

back in the habit

Long time, no blog, my virtual friends and acquaintances. I currently reside in an internet-free household, which means I have about 700 unread items in my Google reader, many unanswered emails, and stagnating blogs. My house is pretty clean, though, and I'm getting some art done.

Just in case you happen to be in Bloomington, IN, there's an art show -- "Constructive Embroidery" -- this Friday at the Art Hospital - Meagan Haberman-Ducey, Lucy Robinson, and myself. All embroidery! One night only! Cramped hands and cheap wine!

I've been busy doing other stuff besides embroidery. I participated in a performance art piece conceived by Joe Molinaro called "Olive," a small portion of which you can view here. You can only see my back in this, for which I am extremely grateful. All I can remember about the performance was that I definitely ripped fabric with my teeth, crawled around on the floor a lot, ended up with homemade play-dough all over my butt, and woke up VERY sore. Performance art is for the young and fit, friends!

After this show I think I'm going to take a break. I've been so busy I haven't been able to really socialize, do any art for fun, or hang out with my boyfriend. It's my hope to actually make holiday gifts this year, instead of just saying I'd like to. I've been lucky enough to receive some really fabulous handmade gifts in the past, I feel like it's about time I reciprocate. Have you received any really wonderful handmade gifts? Holiday or otherwise. Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment