Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sleipnir, 8 Footed Horse / Embroidery


Sleipnir, 8 Footed Horse / Embroidery
Originally uploaded by thirdpersonpossessive

A new embroidery - completed! Some other recent works in progress on my flickr.

I've been pretty busy these days between moving and working and trying to make art. Later tonight I'll have time to photograph another finished project and talk a bit more about what I'm up to.

As far as this piece is concerned ... I really like it, but I think this technique was somehow really suited to the automaton embroidery and not so much this image. I'll just have to keep experimenting, I guess.

In the meantime, anyone have any good tips about building a rug frame? I built one for the rug I just finished, and I know what's wrong with it, but not sure how to make it RIGHT. I found a website that shows a giant frame attached to both the ceiling and the floor, with sharp tacks or nails around the perimeter that you attach the fabric to. If I had the room I'd try this for sure. Until then I guess I will have to improvise ...

No comments:

Post a Comment